foot. switch.
Why is it that when you're lying in bed at night, and you're having these (relatively) profound thoughts swimming in your head, and you figure those would be cool things to write and blog about, but when you finally sit down and try to write them out, everything just leaves you?
They abandon you so that all you can do when that "create post" page is open is rave about the wonders of (insert favourite thing) and bitch about one thing or another.
This being one of those times, I'll just go on to say that for the past week I've been counting down the days to ----- SWITCHFOOT concert!
Gah I've never been more excited!
Given the nature of their songs (inspirational lyrics, beautiful music, not-too-loud sort of rock), I think it's the perfect chance to recharge and re-discover yourself. Even better is the fact that it'll be held in Hall 4 at the KL Convention Centre, which means it's small and perhaps it'd feel more personal.
I love Switchfoot. I forgot how amazing they can be.
Their music is one of the most inspirational, not a la Joey McIntyre "Stay The Same" kind of way (which is cheesy when you listen to it at the wrong time of the day), but more of the U2 "Beautiful Day" way.
Their songs aren't as distracting (and not as bashing loud), which made them my most played during those horrid long hours of study during PMR.
And you know what else is exciting? Chinese New Year!
The most most most most exciting time of the year!
You go to any mall right now and the there'd be all the red decorations up and all that dong-dong-chiang songs would be playing.
They'd have all these modernized versions of that "mei tiao da jie xiao xiang" or that "he xin nian, zhu xin nian" song playing. The other day I was at 1U, if I remember correctly, and they played this weird song that was really an English song and a Chinese song merged together.
They forget, of course, that most times, the original remains the best.
Obviously I haven't got a whole lot of things in my life to particularly excited over right now.
Er right I'll go off now, to have a bit of doughnut.
They abandon you so that all you can do when that "create post" page is open is rave about the wonders of (insert favourite thing) and bitch about one thing or another.
This being one of those times, I'll just go on to say that for the past week I've been counting down the days to ----- SWITCHFOOT concert!
Gah I've never been more excited!
Given the nature of their songs (inspirational lyrics, beautiful music, not-too-loud sort of rock), I think it's the perfect chance to recharge and re-discover yourself. Even better is the fact that it'll be held in Hall 4 at the KL Convention Centre, which means it's small and perhaps it'd feel more personal.
I love Switchfoot. I forgot how amazing they can be.
Their music is one of the most inspirational, not a la Joey McIntyre "Stay The Same" kind of way (which is cheesy when you listen to it at the wrong time of the day), but more of the U2 "Beautiful Day" way.
Their songs aren't as distracting (and not as bashing loud), which made them my most played during those horrid long hours of study during PMR.
And you know what else is exciting? Chinese New Year!
The most most most most exciting time of the year!
You go to any mall right now and the there'd be all the red decorations up and all that dong-dong-chiang songs would be playing.
They'd have all these modernized versions of that "mei tiao da jie xiao xiang" or that "he xin nian, zhu xin nian" song playing. The other day I was at 1U, if I remember correctly, and they played this weird song that was really an English song and a Chinese song merged together.
They forget, of course, that most times, the original remains the best.
Obviously I haven't got a whole lot of things in my life to particularly excited over right now.
Er right I'll go off now, to have a bit of doughnut.
Labels: Music, Quick updates

