Anything goes!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Karaoke and movies and concerts, oh my!

"Na na na na na na na na... Wake me up when september ends...
Na na na na na na na na... Wake me up when september ends!"

See? I did say we should've learned the words to that song, did I not?

But the singing session was really fun anyway! Everybody was jumping around, everybody sang waaaaay out of tune, everybody got high, and at one point everybody even tried to dance like N*sync! ('Cept for Li-ann. She was doing her favourite Special Dance. Hahah!)
The others were practically screaming the words out instead of singing them, apparently trying to outdo each other. One hogged the microphone, while another practically snatched it away from this other person she was s'posed to be sharing it with. (No I'm neither of them.)

Wutoodooo. Kiasu-ness.

One girl even more geng, it was all dark and everybody was crowded in front of the set, singing (shouting?) loudly, but she didn't have the mike mar, so during the chorus somewhere she probably decided she wanted the mike and she was going to do something about it, but she wasn't able to get the mike, so she went ahead and friggin' pull the microphone's jack out, because heck, if she couldn't have it, then she wasn't going to let this other girl have fun with it either!
She said it was an accident la, but I don't know... (haha, just kidding la!)

But this wasn't the highlight of the day.

Then we went and bought tickets for this:













You remember my gripe when it comes to Umum rated horror movies? That they are never proper horror movies. But among all the Umum rated horror movies that turn out to be anything but scary, Koma 2 takes the cake. Hell, 20 minutes into the movie and you can already tell how the story would progress and how it'd end, it is so laden with clues. And there are no ghosts, not even one.

But among all the Umum rated horror movies with (extremely!) misleading posters, Koma 2 is the one most worthy of the RM6 ('cause Wednesday mah). It's the best not because it was scary (anything but!).

Towards the end of the show, I had tears streaming down my face, my eyes were red, I had uncontrollable sobs, with my hand over my mouth to muffle the sounds, and I'm not kidding when I say, I could hardly even breathe!
Yeah the show was THAT moving!
The Green Mile and Titanic were tear jerkers enough, right? Koma 2 stirs you up five times more than that!

(OMGWTFBBQ this is becoming something of a movie review!)


But, this still wasn't the highlight of the day.

After dinner at Ichiban Ramen, 'twas the concert!
It lacked something, I can't quite put my finger on it though, but it was very good nonetheless!
Chocolate church with people doing it chocolate style!
And that "Big Black Man" got everybody in stitches! (Or me, at least.)
Note: I always thought scooping off the toothpaste back onto your toothbrush was disgusting. Now I think boys are disgusting. Haha!

And it's a bit of a miracle, how one night can change another person, just like that.

If you haven't already guessed, the concert was the highlight of the day =)

Late morning left home, came back late night. Extremely worn out, am having a dry, sore-ish throat from abusing my voice box, and having a head full of thoughts, from the movie ('twas so sad, y'know?) and from the concert at night. I'll probably be laying on my bed half the night thinking about them.

But I had fun!

WELCOME!

Sit back, put your feet up, and read whatever ramblings of Chooiyen.

Grab a cuppa while you're at it, too.
Because Chooiyen has got a lot to say!

Why do I have huge fonts?
It makes for an easier read, d'oh.


Apparently, huge fonts are ugly. *Shrugs


Just 1 Click

'Cause every click counts.



My profile