INXS, phoooey.
There are, of course, a few reasons why I shouldn't be blogging right now -
1 - I made my friend change my Blogger's password, which she so nicely did, and I wasn't supposed to know the password until after the trials. That was an attempt to stop myself from posting.
2 - I really should have my head buried in those ultra thick, ultra intimidating reference books.
3 - I Just Shouldn't.
But of course, I got round that password change thing by cleverly clicking on the 'Forget Password' button and having it sent to my email account. Genius.
Sorry Friend, haha, your efforts wasted.
I had a dream where instead of mosquitoes zipping past us all around the room, there were instead blue balls of ion-ion hidrogen flying around.
(From studying chemistry just before bedtime.)
I also dreamt that I forgot to bring my calculator to school, and had to resort to using my cellphone ultra basic one for add maths exam paper.
(From randomly playing with the calculator too much in between studying.)
I also dreamt that I had no idea WHAT was in all the cerpens and prosa's, and the BM paper was in an hour's time.
(From really having not read the Antologi Kerusi before, not even once.)
So anyway, my brother called from Hawaii last night, a call that lasted a good two hours.
We were talking about random stuff, updating each other and all, and suddenly he asked, "So when's your SPM starting?"
"November."
"Oh, how many A's are you aiming for then?"
Me, sounding a bit paiseh, answered, "If possible, straight A's loh."
I must say, I was pretty discouraged when he asked, without thinking / missing a beat, "Har? You think can meh?"
Well, why couldn't I?
* * * * *
I needed a little boost of spirits last weekend, not that I was feeling blue-ish, but things were getting a little too bo-ring. Very ho-hum.
So what better pick-me-up than a full-fledged rock concert, right?
The INXS Switched On World Tour!
And did I get to go? NO.
It started off with a classmate having free tickets to the show, for his birthday. Fine and dandy, except that said classmate happily asked me, "Who's your favourite INXS rocker? Mine is Tommy Lee!"
*Groans.
Waste of good tickets. (And he didn't even go.)
Then during lunch at the chicken rice shop outside of CHS, my sister excitedly told me she had a friend who had a friend who had won tickets but couldn't attend the concert.
That means, free tickets for us!
And then came the ultimate party-pooper, the One That Cripples Great Plans -
- tuition.
See, I don't have tuitions everyday, just on Friday nights, how unfortunate that everything good that happens, always have to happen on a Friday night.
Now you can't pooh-pooh Murphy's Law away.
The last time I wanted to go to a mini-gig thing, it was a Friday night. But back then, it wasn't so near the exams, so I lied and said tuition was canceled.
Darn the trials.
It hit me not too long ago, that if Marty had won Rockstar: INXS, then Marty would be the one performing here.
If that had happened, trials or no trials, I would be so ready to lie about not having tuition classes again, no doubt about it.
'Cause Marty is amazing. Not him, his performances.

Haha, sorry, I just had to. Marty Casey, doing "Wish You Were Here", which is my utmost favourite performanceof his in ROCKSTAR history, ever.
Marty's band, the Lovehammers, was supposed to open for INXS on their world tour, but I guess when they say something like that, it really only applies to the US. Oh well.
I reformatted my transflash card the other day (about time I did it), and I transfered a whole bunch of ROCKSTAR video clips onto my cellphone (why? I dunno, for fun?), most of which are, who else, Marty's performances. And a bit of Dilana, 'cause she's pretty good too.
I digressed a bit.
You know, it would have been fun to go for the Yogyakarta Quake Aid concert cum carnival, but it wouldn't be fun to go alone, it'd be nice if the whole family went, but having to pay RM320 to go to a concert where we don't even know one-tenth of the artists performing there, isn't a very good idea.
So what plans did I make in the end?
Nothing. I stayed at home.
(No wonder I couldn't blog. My life is so mundane, I've got nothing to write about.)
[You guuuuuuuys! I know you still visit, I see the daily hits, but my tagboard/comment box is being left all alooooone!]
"What good is it writing, when no one is there to read it?"
I really should update more often.
1 - I made my friend change my Blogger's password, which she so nicely did, and I wasn't supposed to know the password until after the trials. That was an attempt to stop myself from posting.
2 - I really should have my head buried in those ultra thick, ultra intimidating reference books.
3 - I Just Shouldn't.
But of course, I got round that password change thing by cleverly clicking on the 'Forget Password' button and having it sent to my email account. Genius.
Sorry Friend, haha, your efforts wasted.
I had a dream where instead of mosquitoes zipping past us all around the room, there were instead blue balls of ion-ion hidrogen flying around.
(From studying chemistry just before bedtime.)
I also dreamt that I forgot to bring my calculator to school, and had to resort to using my cellphone ultra basic one for add maths exam paper.
(From randomly playing with the calculator too much in between studying.)
I also dreamt that I had no idea WHAT was in all the cerpens and prosa's, and the BM paper was in an hour's time.
(From really having not read the Antologi Kerusi before, not even once.)
So anyway, my brother called from Hawaii last night, a call that lasted a good two hours.
We were talking about random stuff, updating each other and all, and suddenly he asked, "So when's your SPM starting?"
"November."
"Oh, how many A's are you aiming for then?"
Me, sounding a bit paiseh, answered, "If possible, straight A's loh."
I must say, I was pretty discouraged when he asked, without thinking / missing a beat, "Har? You think can meh?"
Well, why couldn't I?
* * * * *
I needed a little boost of spirits last weekend, not that I was feeling blue-ish, but things were getting a little too bo-ring. Very ho-hum.
So what better pick-me-up than a full-fledged rock concert, right?
The INXS Switched On World Tour!
And did I get to go? NO.
It started off with a classmate having free tickets to the show, for his birthday. Fine and dandy, except that said classmate happily asked me, "Who's your favourite INXS rocker? Mine is Tommy Lee!"
*Groans.
Waste of good tickets. (And he didn't even go.)
Then during lunch at the chicken rice shop outside of CHS, my sister excitedly told me she had a friend who had a friend who had won tickets but couldn't attend the concert.
That means, free tickets for us!
And then came the ultimate party-pooper, the One That Cripples Great Plans -
- tuition.
See, I don't have tuitions everyday, just on Friday nights, how unfortunate that everything good that happens, always have to happen on a Friday night.
Now you can't pooh-pooh Murphy's Law away.
The last time I wanted to go to a mini-gig thing, it was a Friday night. But back then, it wasn't so near the exams, so I lied and said tuition was canceled.
Darn the trials.
It hit me not too long ago, that if Marty had won Rockstar: INXS, then Marty would be the one performing here.
If that had happened, trials or no trials, I would be so ready to lie about not having tuition classes again, no doubt about it.
'Cause Marty is amazing. Not him, his performances.

Haha, sorry, I just had to. Marty Casey, doing "Wish You Were Here", which is my utmost favourite performance
Marty's band, the Lovehammers, was supposed to open for INXS on their world tour, but I guess when they say something like that, it really only applies to the US. Oh well.
I reformatted my transflash card the other day (about time I did it), and I transfered a whole bunch of ROCKSTAR video clips onto my cellphone (why? I dunno, for fun?), most of which are, who else, Marty's performances. And a bit of Dilana, 'cause she's pretty good too.
I digressed a bit.
You know, it would have been fun to go for the Yogyakarta Quake Aid concert cum carnival, but it wouldn't be fun to go alone, it'd be nice if the whole family went, but having to pay RM320 to go to a concert where we don't even know one-tenth of the artists performing there, isn't a very good idea.
So what plans did I make in the end?
Nothing. I stayed at home.
(No wonder I couldn't blog. My life is so mundane, I've got nothing to write about.)
[You guuuuuuuys! I know you still visit, I see the daily hits, but my tagboard/comment box is being left all alooooone!]
"What good is it writing, when no one is there to read it?"
I really should update more often.
Labels: Music

